Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Waking Late


Each morning, I wake somewhere between 4:30 AM and 5:01 AM.  I wake at exactly 5:00 on a fairly regular basis.  This morning, for whatever reason, I slept solidly until 5:20.
The extra twenty minutes of sleep did not help me.  I woke feeling sideways and heavy.  Sleeping in has always made me feel groggy and slow.
Now, sitting here drinking coffee nearly an hour after waking, I feel as though recovering from a punch to the head.
When my television remote landed me on a show called “How to Lighten Age Spots,” I actually sat here watching for a few minutes.  Seemed like pretty decent programming to me.
I think I am ready to be bubble-wrapped over here.
-- Mitchell Hegman 

2 comments: