Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, November 10, 2019

A Plant

My sister and brother-in-law, Tony, moved into a huge old house on Granite Street in Butte, Montana, something over twenty years ago.  They started remodeling the big old place, room by room, the year they arrived.  Even though my sister passed earlier this year, Tony has decided to continue the room by room progression.
Tony came to visit me yesterday afternoon.  We sat at the island counter in my kitchen, chatting about the remodel.  He is presently renovating a couple rooms he only rarely visited in the house.  In our conversation, he told me about a recent exchange he had with the remodeling wizard he uses on all his projects.  Following is the opening conversation they had on the first day of remodeling for one of the rooms:
Remodeling Wizard: “I didn’t know you had a plant in that room.”
Tony: “I have a plant?”
Remodeling Wizard: “You had a plant.”
—Mitchell Hegman    
Tony has a video blog (vlog).  He is presently sharing his adventures in remodeling his old house.  Here is the link to his latest vlog post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYjkvaKKZw8&t=269s  

No comments:

Post a Comment