Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Idiot Test


While watching a certain reality program on television, I caught a segment in which a young woman took a home pregnancy test.
In blunt terms, the test used by the young women required her to pee on a widget.  The widget detects the presence of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin. This particular hormone is produced by the placenta shortly after the embryo attaches to the uterine lining.  If the hormone is detected, these detection widgets will indicate in some manner—perhaps by displaying a “+” symbol or the appearance of colored stripes.
I got to thinking about the simplicity of that test.
Wouldn’t it be nice, I thought, if a similar test existed to determine whether or not you were an idiot?
And then I realized there is such a test…it’s called an electric fence.
If you pee on it, you are an idiot.
Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. In 1991 I very sneakily kissed a boy my dad did NOT want me associating with. He was on one side of an electric fence and I was on the other. It did not end well and to say it was electrifying was actually not as thrilling as one might think. Also, my dad was right about that guy, he was bad news and not just because he couldn't be bothered to find a way across an electric fence to properly woo. What an idiot. I am talking about myself here, too, for the record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is definitely an original "electric fence" story. I an happy you recovered and righted yourself in all ways.

    ReplyDelete