Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Name Flipping


My brain has a mind of its own.  I am not entirely in control here.  One of my brain’s more annoying habits is something I call “name flipping.”
Name flipping is when my brain tweaks a name in some manner.  Once a name has thus flipped, my brain won’t let the altered name go.
For the most part, I am able to keep the flipped names internal.  On occasion, however, the flipped name will spew out in my conversation.
Following are just a few examples of my flipped names:
William = Bill-ee-um
Missouri = Misery
Milwaukee = Mill-lock-ee
Tennessee = Ten-same-letters-ee
Timbuktu = Tim-buck-three  
Butte = Butte, America
Thing is, the flipped names continue to pile up inside my brain.  More and more are added as time goes on.  Soon, I fear, my brain will be entirely filled with such nonsense.
Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment