Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, May 22, 2020

Battery Life


All batteries, as we presently know them, decline in their ability to store energy over time.  They have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles.  Constantly draining a battery down to close to zero percent will dramatically reduce battery life.
The battery in my smarter-than-me-phone is showing some signs of weakening.  For this reason, I have developed a habit of trying to keep my charge level well above thirty percent.  Last evening, following a day of heavy phone use, I placed my glass of wine on my wireless charger and my phone on a drink coaster.
After a few sip cycles of wine, I realized my charging efforts were, as my father used to declare, “bass-akwards.”
And, no, my wine did not accept a charge.
All humans, as we presently know them, decline in their ability to charge phones over time.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment