Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, May 15, 2020

Dune (The Color)


The other day, I went shopping for an automobile.  I wanted either an SUV or a sedan.  I was hoping I might find a preowned vehicle with low miles.
I looked at a couple of Ford models with a young salesman but didn’t find anything that impressed me.
While the salesman went inside the dealership to locate the keys for two more rigs so I could to look inside them, I poked around a bit more.  In doing so, I bumped into an SUV of a pale tan color that seemed both familiar and very pleasing to me.  I like the car’s style, too.
The SUV was a 2016 Lincoln MKX with less than 30,000 miles on the odometer.  Most impressively, the MKX was loaded with luxury options.  When the salesmen returned, he found me beside the Lincoln.   “I want to drive this one,” I told him.  “I really like the color.”
Long story short, I purchased the car the day before yesterday and drove it home.
Yesterday morning when I stepped inside my common bathroom, it struck me why the color seemed familiar.  My new car matches my toilet!

My New Car

My Toilet






Mitchell Hegman
Note:  The name of the car color is “dune”

No comments:

Post a Comment