Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Safety Sandals

Desiree is undertaking a minor remodel at her house in Manila.  She enlisted the help of a carpenter she has used previously.  He lives under a nearby bridge, which is considerably better than it sounds.

The carpenter knows his stuff and is reliable.  I would go so far as to call him a craftsman.  Just the same, I am always amazed by the attire of the carpenter and his come-and-go helpers when Desiree sends me photographic progress reports.

While working, everyone wears shorts and sandals.  One worker from a previous project was often barefoot.  After seeing the barefoot worker, I started referring sandals as “safety sandals.”

Better than barefoot. 

This is not my first exposure to safety sandals.  For many years, I have been using a photograph of some “electrical safety sandals” in my safety training courses. 

Posted today are photographs of safety sandals at work.



Construction Safety Sandals



Electrical Safety Sandals

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment