Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Fever

When I was seven or eight years old, I watched Peggy Lee sing her song “Fever” on television.  Her performance left me awe-struck and more.  I didn’t quite understand the “more” part of what I experienced at the time, but within a few more years I grasped it.

The more was sexual on some level.

In my estimation, Fever is perfectly crafted.  It’s slick and simple.  Now that YouTube is a thing, I find myself punching-up Fever every so often so I can watch Peggy Lee.

I have posted my favorite version of Fever.  The drummer in this performance, a jazz artist named Jack Sperling, is singularly impressive.

Mitchell Hegman

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxoAJ3Boyc

No comments:

Post a Comment