Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Put to the Test

Desiree has been here for scarcely a week, but we already put our relationship to a test.  We did so by working together to install a custom shading system for my sunroom.  That’s some risky business right there.  A lot of sketchy character traits and raw emotions can surface when couples work together on such projects.    

I ordered the shading system last fall and have been sitting on the boxes containing the kit for several months. Both the salesman who took my order for the kit and the directions that came with the system components, insist the installation requires two people.   Desiree asked me to wait until she arrived so she could help me install the shades.

After tinkering with the installation over the course of several days, we completed the project yesterday.

The shades work great.  Better yet, I am impressed with Desiree.  She is skillful when working with hand tools.  She also displayed a great deal of foresight.  As we say in my hometown of East Helena, Montana, she was “thinking ahead.”

We enjoyed working together.  In the end, I will be her wingman anytime.



The Shading Kit in Boxes



Freshly Painted Tracks



Shades on the Tracks



Desiree Enjoying the Shade

—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. I need that kind of room at my house for my plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as the back wall is finished, I will be moving in some plants.

      Delete