Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, May 21, 2022

From Manila to Sculpture in the Wild

Amazingly, Desiree knew about Sculpture in the Wild while still in Manila.  She chanced upon some photographs of the sculptures and the park on the Montanica! Facebook page.   She later asked me if I knew anything about the park.

“I sure do,” I told her.  The park is less than ten miles down the road from my cabin.”

Blackfoot Pathways: Sculpture in the Wild International Sculpture Park celebrates the environmental and industrial heritage of the Blackfoot Valley.  On a warm and sunny afternoon during our second trip to my cabin, Desiree and I walked through the sculpture park.

Although I have trekked through the park many times, I never tire of walking the paths and seeing the sculptures emerge from the surrounding forest.

Desiree loved the park.

I am sharing a few photographs of Desiree and her favorite sculptures.


    

Picture Frame (by Jaakko Permu)



A Place is a Place (by Stuart Ian Frost)



Tree Circus (by Patrick Dougherty)



Ponderosa Whirlpool (by Chris Drury)



Clearing (by Alison Stigora)



Me with Desiree  

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment