Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, August 8, 2022

Another Random Observation

Having worked most of my life in the construction industry, I encountered a number of successful sole proprietor construction firms.  A hallmark of the owners of such firms is their drive and passion for their chosen industry.  These are people who started at the bottom and worked their way to the top.

I have also observed how some sole proprietors eventually inject their children into the management structure of the firms without having them work their way up through the ranks.  This seldom leads to further success.  Instead, the children start at the top and slouch their way to the bottom, dragging down the business with them.   

Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. I’ve witnessed that myself I always said clueless but I was glad to have a job.

    ReplyDelete