Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, August 29, 2022

Proof of Idiocy

I am not merely a “glass half-full” type.  I am “glass is full” sort.  I am not talking about my outlook on life, though.  I am talking about my level of idiocy.

Before I offer an illustration of this, I need to tell you about a weird habit Desiree and I have developed.  Most nights, when I drink a glass of red wine, we cut segments of orange or tangerine and drop them in my glass before pour in the wine.  By the time I have sipped down my drink, the wine has infused the segments of fruit.  Both Desiree and I enjoy eating the wine-soaked chunks after I have finished the wine.

I suspect adding fruit to a glass of wine is offensive to some, but that is a subject for exploration on another day.

The other night, immediately after filling my glass of wine (chunks of orange included) I somehow flicked the glass over and unleashed a tsunami of wine and orange chunks.  After splashing contents across the kitchen counter, the glass dropped to the floor and created a secondary explosion of wine and orange chunks.

The mess proved horrendous.

Interestingly, red wine has penetrating properties something akin to WD-40 lubricating oil.  In order to complete cleaning up the mess, Desiree and I needed to wipe red wine from inside of the drawers and cupboards as well as the outside.


 

My Big Mess

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment