Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, August 7, 2022

A Cabin Needs Elk Antlers

Acid reflux drove me to sleep sitting upright on the sofa in the cabin.  I woke this morning to elk antlers and a high vaulted ceiling.  For just an instant I felt disoriented and confused about my exact location.     

A couple notes on the elk antlers.

I lost my desire for hunting long ago.  I have never hunted elk.  The antlers were given to me by my friend, Gary Pemble.  “You can’t have a cabin in Montana without elk antlers,” he told me.

“Okay,” I said.

I have never wanted to display antlers in my home.   I prefer living plants.  But Gary was correct about the cabin and today, just as yesterday, I woke to exactly what I needed.



My View Upon Waking

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment