Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Monkey Flowers

Monkey flowers are not common in my corner of the Rocky Mountains.  As a starting point, they like having their feet wet.  This tends to limit their habitat to areas along mountain springs and creeks.  I know of one small bouquet of monkey flowers that appears each summer in a pile of rocks at the center of a whitewater tumble of water high in the mountains above Lincoln, Montana.

I have found mostly purple monkey flowers in my years of mountain wandering, but on a few occasions I have chanced upon yellow specimens.

On a recent drive near Rimini with Desiree, I spotted a stand of monkey flowers teetering above a spring alongside the road.  Naturally, I had to stop and admire them.



Monkey Flowers

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment