Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, November 3, 2022

It is Written: First Snow

As an island girl, Desiree has been most curious about snow.  Following her arrival here in May, I drove her up to the top of MacDonald pass so she could stand in a sundrenched snowbank.

Yesterday, she finally experienced her first snowstorm.

As soon as I noticed the falling snow, I dragged Desiree to a window so she could see it.  She squeaked at me, more or less, and then trotted from window to window peering out.  After a minute or so of that, she wriggled into the heavy winter jacket we recently purchased for her and she scampered out onto the deck to catch some snowflakes.  She examined her prints in the fresh snow.  She made a snowball.  She scratched a message in the snow collected on the hot tub cover.  And then she video chatted with her daughter in Manila to show her the snow.  

I think we can justly say the snow thrilled her.

Watching Desiree playing around in the snow was also immensely satisfying for me.  We ‘shared a moment’ as the cliché goes.

I have posted three images of Desiree I captured as I watched her.

Mitchell Hegman



Catching Snowflakes



Video Sharing Snow with Her Daughter in Manila



It is Written

No comments:

Post a Comment