Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, January 12, 2024

The Puzzle Problem

Desiree and I have a puzzle problem. Well, to be fair, this might be more our problem and not the puzzle’s. Four days ago, we broke open a new 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle featuring an image from Glacier National Park. At this point, I am finding this to be the most difficult puzzle I have tackled. The mottled colors and naturally repeating patterns of grass, trees, and rocks make finding and placing pieces extremely difficult. We managed to finish the edge pieces and complete a few more obvious sections in the first two days. In the last two days, however, we have managed only 25 or so pieces each day.

At this point, I would guess we have put together about 250 pieces. Given a rate of 25 pieces per day, it will take us another full month to finish the puzzle.  If that’s what it takes, so be it.  We are all in!

     
Glacier National Park Puzzle

—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard of “The White Puzzle”? I just saw it on a thumbnail where an AI was tackling it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of those. That might might be a bit too much for me!

      Delete