Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, January 29, 2024

Twenty Days

Desiree and I finally finished the most difficult jigsaw puzzle we have ever attempted. The puzzle, featuring a photograph from Glacier National Park, was made exceptionally challenging by constantly repeating patterns and blotchy colors. When I first started the puzzle, I imagined the grass would be the most difficult. Instead, the larger tree trunks and the branchy areas proved tricky.

It took Desiree and me 20 days to put together all 1000 pieces, which equates to 50 pieces per day. In reality, we completed the puzzle in fits and starts. On some days, midway through the process, we struggled to place a dozen pieces.

I am sharing a photograph of our completed puzzle. I told Desiree we need to give our brains a break on the next puzzle. To that end, I have my eye on a 48-piece puzzle designed for children ages 3+.

Finished Puzzle

48-Piece Puzzle

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment