Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Not Interested in Mating

I am not keen on cohabitating with spiders. Given that, I poked around a bit on the interweb to see what kind of things attract them to your house. I was hoping I would find something telling me that spiders were super attracted to mayonnaise and mustard, which would give me a good reason to never have them in my house. Yuck on those, too! The truth, unfortunately, is much more mundane. Spiders, it turns out, like a house for pretty much the same reasons we do. It’s a warm, safe place where food can be found. One brief article also suggested spiders may be looking for mating opportunities. Let me be clear about this: I am not interested in mating with a spider.

—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. LOL good but they also eat flies i was told

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, spiders do have their upside, but they are still creepy!

    ReplyDelete