Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Desiree’s Chocolates

I am not a dedicated chocolate eater. I don’t like chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, Oreo cookies, or brownies. I do like most chocolate candies to one degree or another.

For Christmas, one of Desiree’s friends gifted her with a box of chocolates. In the time since, I have moved the box here and there when it occupied space I needed, but I never bothered to open it. Yesterday, when I picked up the box one more time to move it, I found it suspiciously light in weight. Upon opening the box, I found only one chocolate treat remaining. I considered eating the chocolate, but I really wasn’t feeling the urge. Instead, I handed the last chocolate over to Desiree. The box, after all, had her name on it. And then I started craving something savory. Dill pickles soon came to mind.

Desiree’s Chocolates

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment