Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

A Spectacularly Bad Day

Yesterday, I had a spectacularly bad day, a day filled with failures. When trying to fire up my lakeside sprinkler system for the season, I broke a plastic fitting. Wanting to finish the project right away, I dashed into town to find a replacement fitting. Following is the condensed version of how it went from there:

  1. After scouring two stores, I found two fittings that would work to replace what broke.
  2. At the checkout, I discovered I had left my credit card at home.
  3. I drove away empty-handed and returned an hour later with means to buy the parts.
  4. I drove back home and tried again to get the sprinkler system going.
  5. A second part failed after I attempted to fire up a zone manually.
  6. Giving up on the lake project, I reined in my mess for the day.
  7. Later, when I took a shower, the seal at the base of the shower door fell apart.

Today is a new day. I will happily accept any small victory I am given.

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment