Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Charred Parking

I have come across what I suspect is my fair share of burned cars. Weirdly enough, while traveling to various Montana towns for work, I actually came across two angrily burning cars within the same work-week. The first was churning out a column of black smoke on a street in Great Falls. The second was ablaze alongside the street in Lewistown.

The ferocity of a burning car is shocking. You don’t expect to see cars beset by greedy flames and disgorging ugly arms of smoke. Just as odd is finding the charred remnants of a car that somehow caught on fire out in the middle of nowhere. Suspicious stuff, that.

While driving around the Helena Valley Regulating Reservoir the other day, Desiree and I came across a badly burned car at a parking area near picnic site alongside the lake. I am sharing a photograph of that today. 

Charred Car

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment