Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Morning Report, April 9, 2024

I wake to the whooshing sound of my water softening system backwashing to regenerate for another cycle. Sleep has placed me in an equivalent of airplane mode. For the first minute or so, I find myself wondering if I would still bring potato chips home if a study proved they attracted spiders.

Well… I don’t know.

Eventually, I shake myself out of airplane mode, swing out of bed, and grab my first cup of coffee. I didn’t witness yesterday’s solar eclipse, but I did spend a few minutes studying my Mayday tree. The tree is putting forth tiny leaves in impressive fashion. In the larger scheme of things, the entire world seems in conflict, and I am wishing there were some way to backwash the entire planet and reset everything.

Mostly, I am glad potato chips don’t actually attract spiders, at least as far as we know.

End of morning report.

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment