Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Frozen Time

Back in January, when I moved back into the Master bedroom after our remodeling efforts, I reflected on how amazing my digital bedside alarm clock was when I plugged it in and placed it on the night table beside the bed. The clock is somewhere north of twenty years old. Amazingly, aside from two or three occasions where I failed to replace the 9-volt back-up battery and lost time when power failed, the clock has operated with perfect accuracy. That all ended yesterday when the clock display permanently froze at 9:08. In addition to stalling in time, one of the illuminated segments of the zero also failed. I’m actually a little sad about the loss of the clock. We have been through a lot together. We have survived earthquakes, Arctic express storms (which deliver sub-zero temperatures), and dozens of power grid blinks. We also survived that time in 2018 when I woke and thought the clock was displaying 12:73.

My Clock Frozen in Time

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment