Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

An Important Lesson

Posted at the end of this blog is a photograph of me holding my own personal wad of toilet paper. An interesting thing, the toilet paper. Here in the Philippines, public restrooms (“comfort rooms” or “CR” in the local vernacular) in places such as shopping malls do not supply toilet paper. The idea is to bring your own toilet paper when you make a visit to such a comfort room.

Well, I learned this lesson the hard way.

After a trip to the CR while at a shopping mall, I said to Desiree, “Des, there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. I had to be creative to get back out of there again.”

Desiree laughed. “You have to take your own paper when you go. I forgot to tell you that part.”

“Yes, you did.”

Lesson learned. Desiree and I immediately stopped at a store and purchased a small pack of tissue. In the future, I will always have a modest wad of paper with me.

Toilet Paper

—Mitchell Hegman

1 comment:

  1. I always carry a small packet of baby wipes in case they don’t have a bum gun. Quit paper several years ago. Wipes work better, as paper is made with a grit (clay).

    ReplyDelete