Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, May 3, 2024

Lemon Tree Update, May 3, 2024

Desiree first urged our lemon tree to grow from seed in October of 2022. In the time since, the tree has pushed through several rapid growth spurts. In fact, the tree is just now topping out leaves on the latest and most ambitious growth spell to date.

I am particularly pleased with how healthy the tree is at present, given that I have been waging war with an outbreak of spider mites on the tree for many weeks. For the last two weeks, I have been applying twice daily treatments of soap and water. Surprisingly, my dedication to the soap and water treatments has had an impact. I have seen no evidence of mites for the last three days.

Maybe we will be seeing lemons in the future. For today, I am sharing a photograph of the new growth along with a full-on shot of the tree, and me holding a (now requisite) Cold Smoke Beer for accurate size reference.

New Growth

Lemon Tree (5-3-2024)

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment