Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gray

The older I get, the more spectacular seems the color gray.
Dusky gray arms of spring rain reaching down into the jade-colored mountains from the copper and India ink sunset clouds.
Silver-gray streaks of hair framing the smiling face of an older woman as she brushes the platinum hair of a child given entry into this world by one of her own children.
The soft gray of a sleepy kitten curled next to a pair of old boots.
The gray of moonlight caught metallic in watery catchments of stone and in beads of freshly fallen rainwater on willow leaves.
Fading gray that gradually blackens and then pulls me into my dreams when I close my eyes to fall asleep each night.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment