Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Joy!

For many years, we have gathered at my sister’s house in Butte, Montana to dye Easter eggs.  When I say “we” I mean me, my two sisters living here in Montana, and our spouses.  This tradition started one year when, in a phone conversation, I lamented to Connie, my sister, that I missed dyeing Easter eggs since all of the children in our lives had grown and left for faraway lives of their own. We began then as a gathering of forty and fifty-somethings and gradually aged into fifty and sixty-somethings without really noticing.
The competition for the most strikingly decorated egg was often fierce, though light-hearted.
This year, by great fortune, my nephew’s little girls happened to be in town.  Having children at this event added greatly to the fun.  I have posted two photographs from yesterday.  One (though not of particularly great quality) is of Margo jumping for joy on my sister’s back porch.  The other is Elizabeth and me with our recently dyed eggs.
Joy!


--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: