Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cleopatra and Zsa Zsa Gabor in a Mud Bath


Zsa Zsa Gabor and Cleopatra were taking a mud bath together at an exclusive resort in Sedona, Arizona when the song Black Dog by Led Zeppelin emanated from the sound system.
“You are not as good-looking as I expected,” Zsa Zsa casually remarked to Cleopatra.
“Maybe so,” answered Cleopatra, “but nonetheless a bust of me is on display in the Altes Museum of Berlin.  I also understand men and have taken many lovers.”  Cleopatra, as a flourish, lifted an arm from the mud.   “My charm is in my voice.”
Zsa Zsa Gabor opened her eyes.  “Ha!  Men!  I have had nine husbands.  My eighth marriage lasted only one day.  And your bust is presently in black mud, darling.”
“Marriage for only one day…” mused Cleopatra, “seems hardly worth the effort.”
“That was number eight.  He was a simple playboy and would have bored me.  Good riddance to him.”
Cleopatra thought for a while and then responded:  “Well, most men are empty vessels.  We have them where we want them and when we want them.”
On the sound system, Black Dog fell into the stanza beloved and oft repeated by men worldwide: Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away.  Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah.    Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah."


--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment