Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Emergency Strawberry Frost-Response Kit


Raising four girls all by himself has had a weird effect on my friend.  While raising four girls might drive your standard issue adult male to drink excessively or perhaps take up collecting the fossilized poo of dinosaurs, my friend has found a far more unusual form of stress release. 
My friend buys emergency kits.
Weird, I know.
He has six or so first-aid kits.  He purchased the same number of roadside emergency kits with hazard triangles, jumper cables, flashlights, and flares. 
Emergency sewing kit?
Check.
Emergency water purification kit?
Check.
Survival food kit?
Check.
Emergency Strawberry Frost Response Kit?
Ummm.  Yeah, that, too.
Somehow, my friend found a “frost response” kit for the protection of his strawberries in the event of a frost emergency.  The rest of us would call this a roll of plastic.  I think he even had to provide his own gloves for emergency deployment.
I am just happy that I have only one daughter.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment