Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pink Mittens


We all have our moments of distraction when we are doing something that requires constant concentration.  Tasks that are commonplace or repetitious often lull away our better thinking.  Instead of concentrating on what we are doing, we allow our minds to scamper off and dive from a cliff or slowly drift away to knit a pair of pink mittens.
For me, the task that most often kicks my mind out the door is driving.  I cannot count the times I have arrived someplace in my car and realized that I don’t recall much of anything about the drive because I was thinking about something else.  Once, my complete distraction led me to glance at my radio/clock to check my speed while driving down the highway.  I thought to myself: What the hell kind of speed is 10:35?
Oh well, back to knitting mittens.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment