Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Lessons Learned


The thought struck me that you cannot be 58 years old without having lived for 58 years.  I am 58 and I have learned quite a lot in my many years of living.  Here is a list of important lessons I have learned:
1.  It is possible to stab yourself in the ass with a knife that is still inside the shrink-wrapped display package.
2.  Motorcycles can fly for a short distance.
3.  Motorcycles don’t necessarily like to fly for short distances.
4.  I need more practice at walking through closed doors.
5.  Alone is a state of being that must be properly managed at all times.
6.  We need to be nicer to insects.
7.  Spiders are not insects.
8.  Snow has a scent that changes with temperature.
9.  The number 10 follows this.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment