Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Bag of Shiny New Nails


Twenty-three years ago, after trucks from a local lumberyard delivered loads of framing materials to the site where I constructed my house, I wrote in my journal (after taking inventory): “Nothing is filled with more possibility than a bag of shiny new nails.”
Yesterday, the photovoltaic modules and racking for my solar PV system arrived.  They are the newest manifestation of a bag of nails in both my professional and personal life.
I am posting a photo of the modules taken with my twice-as-smarter-than-me phone.  I am also posting a drawing of the pole mount system I designed and hope to construct with a little help from my friends.  The idea behind the design is to make the array look somewhat treeish or flowerish.

 

--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: