Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Winter along the Front Range


Yesterday, I drove along the Front Range of the Rockies on my way to Fairfield, Montana, for a business meeting.  Most of the day saw curtains of snow sweeping back and forth across the upright mountains, but the rolling hills, the grassy scarps, and the abutting savannahs remained open to a sky filled with lumbering clouds.
The Rocky Mountain Front, starting at Wolf Creek and extending to East Glacier, is the very heart of the Montana I love.  I love the remaining open grasslands—now the color of honey where struck by sunlight.  I love watching cloud-shadows rove the uncluttered land like giant beasts.  I love the places where you can see the highway looping off ahead of you for fifteen miles.  I love the sun on my arms when the clouds part.
Today, I am posting photographs from my drive along the mountains.
 
 
--Mitchell Hegman

3 comments:

  1. My memories of the front transcend lifetimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos ~ we usually drive 89 from Browning all the way to Great Falls !

    ReplyDelete