Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Winter Place


Yesterday, lured outdoors by another snow-melt day, CM and I drove out to where Lorelei Spring flounces down from the Spokane Bench and curls across the beach to reach Canyon Ferry Reservoir.  When I was a boy, my father and I sometimes stopped at the spring to gather watercress after hunting trips into the Big Belt Mountains.
CM and I squished around on the exposed beach for a while, leaving dark footprints in the fair-colored sands.  After soaking in the warm sunlight for a while, we crabbed our way along the rocky points of the shore and poked at the Picasso ice-melt formations.  Posted are some photographs I captured with my twice-as-smarter-than-me-phone.


--Mitchell Hegman

3 comments: