Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Man versus Screen Door


That girl and I drove down to meet my daughter and her friend Jo in the Gallatin Valley.  My daughter is relocating to San Francisco after a few years in New York City.  She is swinging up through Montana on her drive across the U.S.  The four of us had a dinner together and overnighted at the Gallatin River Lodge.  The lodge is only sixteen years old and is very secluded.  Our dinner was excellent!  I really like the lodge with the notable exception of the screen door.

The door is an over-achiever.  If you want to exit, you pretty much need to kick its ass before you can squeeze through.  I think the screen door may be the scantily clad first cousin to a bank vault door.  The door is both hard to push open (pushing around a refrigerator hard) and quick to close down on you; something akin to a giant clam.

For some reason, the door has automatic closers on both the bottom and the top.  I have posted a picture of the door.   I captured the image with my twice-as-smarter-than-me-phone.  I locked the door open for safety while taking the photograph.  If I manage to squeeze back out the door along with my belongings when I leave later today, I will continue posting blogs.  If not, please send someone with the jaws-of-life to room 202.
 

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment