Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Algiers

Song by the Afghan Whigs (See lyrics posted below)


Faith, the diamond in the chain
Still I was a slave, waiting to be saved
Dream, the body sleeps but I
Am not too proud to roam
On the back streets
It’s oh, so simple when you know
You'll know this when it's time to go
Stray, and soon you’ll leave behind
The loneliness you’ve sown, paradise leans
Scream, the body leaves the bone
To sit upon the throne
The battle waged for light
Dream, dream your sins away
Sin your dreams away
Your holding back, still holding back
Unchain

Say you’ll love me tonight
Save your love for me tonight
And I feel you now
Lie awake and love drunk
I feel you now
Heavenly demons outside my window
Sent here to see me outside this world
I call the shadow, you call the season
That salted wound…

If the video posted here fails to launch, please click on this link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovhzeqIaggY

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: