Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, April 4, 2016

A Little Oscar Wilde


I could spend all day reading the quotes of Thomas Jefferson, Mark Twain, Will Rogers, and Oscar Wilde.  Thomas Jefferson stands out for his concise distillations of the human condition.  Mark Twain and Will Rogers found a way to blend quick humor and accuracy into their observations.  Oscar Wilde managed a fine balance between humor and pithy observations.
I enjoy a quote that makes me stop and populate my own lengthy thoughts around it before I can move on.  I like a quote that clings to me for a little while after I read it.  Following is an Oscar Wilde quote that does that for me.
“A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.”

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment