Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Another Day in Montana (With Bears), Part II

Weird.
Yesterday, the blog I posted was about a bear some dude here in Montana found injured on a highway.  After posting my blog, I drove to Butte to teach a continuing education class for electricians.  During my early evening drive home, while negotiating one of the back-to-back curves along I-15 where the highway trickles through the dense mountains between Butte and Helena, I spotted a black bear just sitting there on a mountainside immediately off the highway below a strand of jade-colored pines.
Not long after arriving home, I picked up the newspaper and found an article about grizzly bears that have been pushing their territory onto the plains on the eastern side of the Front Range of the Rockies.  Some of the bears were recently involved in killing cattle near Dupuyer, Montana.
Apparently the “something’s afoot” around these parts applies to bears.

--Mitchell Hegman.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if the wildfires pushed the bears towards the plains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would guess that is the case in some areas.

    ReplyDelete