Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Perspective

While driving home from my cabin yesterday, I thought about my time thus far.  I have reached slightly beyond the age of 60.  Put in perspective, I have seen the occurrence of two full human generations.  738 generations of houseflies have set forth in my lifetime.  A total of 12 men have walked on the Moon.
I have been subjected to living with seven housecats. 
I have witnessed the rise and fall of one Robin Williams.
According to most estimates, I am currently livening with well more than 30,000 John Smiths here in the United States.  The average John Smith has a life expectancy something near 460 times longer than your average mosquito.
As I finish this blog, I am drinking my third cup of coffee, which, according to at least one study, reduces my chances of developing cirrhosis by 20 percent.

--Mitchell Hegman

3 comments: