Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

20 Pounds of Bill the Cat


I wrote a few days back about how my cat’s fur has been collecting seeds and burs from the now (marginally evil) ripening grasses and forbs around our house.
That’s only part of the story.
During the warm summer months, my 20 pounds of housecat fancies himself more the outdoor variety.   He spends most of his days and nights outside. Usually, you can find him hiding somewhat fearfully under my deck.
He has all the makings of an outdoor cat. 
He’s big (actually, fat).
He still has claws (from which he mostly sheds claw sheaths on my sofa).
He’s fast (at running inside when he hears an errant sound).
But mostly, he’s starting to look awful.  I think he has designs on becoming Bill the Cat from the comic strip Bloom County.





Bill the Cat (created by Berkeley Breathed, portrayed by John Byner)
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment