Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Full Traffic Stop


All vehicles came to a stop at 7:15 am.  By all vehicles, I mean one truck and two compact cars over the course of about two minutes.  I and my three traveling companions got out of the truck to assess.
Nothing had happened yet, but something was about to.
Instinctively, I reached for my smarter-than-me-phone and punched up my camera app.
Usually, traffic jams peeve me.  Not this time.
I watched with great pleasure as six fully-antlered bull elk, in single file, jumped a nearby fence, pranced across the highway, jumped a fence on the opposite side of the road, and scrambled for some timbered hills.
The camera on my phone suffers in low light conditions and suffers when zoomed, but I did manage a couple of poor quality images.



--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment