Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Evolution Scale


I watched the World news the other day.  I followed with a program trying to track the advance of early Homo sapiens through existing fossil evidence.
I got a little confused.
I am beginning to think scientists have been looking at the wrong end of the scale here.  I am not sure we descended from ape-like creatures as much as we appear to be descending into them.
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Maybe not. Maybe apes are far more evolved than we are. Do apes torture each other and turn a blind eye to or even deliberately and consciously cause another's misery? Maybe they do but at least they can be excused for not being as "intelligent" as humans are. What is our excuse?

    ReplyDelete