Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Grizzly Bear Spider?


I am a known quantity regarding spiders.  Pretty much everyone knows they give me the creeps (mathematically squared).
In the vernacular of my hometown of East Helena, Montana, I’m a “big baby.”
Yesterday, while double-checking my cabin door (from the outside) to make sure I had locked it, I found a spider clinging the wall nearby.
Not just any spider. 
This spider was quite a bit bigger than your average Joe Shmoe arachnid.  I would estimate a leg spread of about two inches.  We are talking a big bull spider with long spikey hair and huge boxing gloves (palps).  A grizzly bear kind of spider.
I captured a couple images with my smarter-than-me-phone and then quietly backed away so the spider didn’t pounce on me.
  

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment