Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, September 3, 2018

My Brain on Holiday

I overslept today and did not crawl out of the rack until 5:19 AM.
Yes.  That is oversleeping for me. 
For whatever reason, oversleeping has a daylong slowing effect on my thinking processes.
After flopping out of bed this morning, I let my 20 pounds of housecat inside and fed him.  Somewhere in that process, the thought occurred that I should eat a carrot. 
I fished a carrot from the refrigerator vegetable drawer and then, while crunching away at the carrot, wandered into the yet darkened living room to peer out through the bay windows.
Here is where my brain went on total holiday. 
I peered out two windows before finally realizing the blinds were fully closed.
…Good work, Hegman.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment