Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Twenty Virtual Frenchmen


I will admit to sometimes being annoyed by the French.
Before I get to the annoying French stuff, however, I would like to thank Napoleon for providing the United States with the Louisiana Purchase.  Living here in Montana, I have greatly benefited from that.
Back to the annoying stuff.  I often find myself irritated by things done by the French.  There was that time, for example, when French designer Coco Chanel first introduced bell-bottom pants into everyday fashion.  That definitely came back to damage me during the 1970s. 
I was also annoyed by Jean-Luc Godard’s film: Sympathy for the Devil.  French movies are confounding by nature, but this movie, featuring the Rolling Stones, is just plain weird.
Now I have a new beef. 
For the last few months, occurring about once a week, and lasting for only a minute or two, I am getting twenty probing taps on my blogsite from French bots.  The bots, according to my Analytics data, are originating from Paris.
No real harm comes to my blog, or my computer, but the bots skew my collection of sight visitation data.
Simply annoying.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment