Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, September 30, 2018

My Services Are No Longer Required

Yesterday morning, while walking down the hall toward the kitchen after taking a shower, I heard that girl say: “It’s a number eight for aluminum or copper-clad aluminum.  Number ten for copper.”
I continued down the hall, wondering why she would be engaged in electrical speak in our otherwise empty house.
In the kitchen, I found that girl hovering over my opened National Electric Code book (which is always nearby in my house).  She was holding my smarter-than-me-phone against her ear.  “That’s correct,” she affirmed to something asked of her on the other side of the call.  “Oh, here is Mitch,” she said upon seeing me.  “Do you want to talk with him?  Are you sure, Love?  Okay.  Bye-bye.”
I watched her end the call and place my phone on the countertop.  “Is that two-fifty dot one-twenty-two you just read from?” I asked.
“Yes.”
“Was that Steve?
“Yes.”
“Did you just size an equipment grounding conductor?”
“Yes.”
“And he didn’t need to talk to me?”
“Nope.  Your code is just like the medical coding I did.  He told me I could handle it.”
“Okay.  Good work.  Now you are sizing equipment grounding conductors.”
-- Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment