Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Rest


I woke strangely again this morning.
I popped awake from a dream in which I was entangled in a pile of branches blown to the ground by a fierce, hissing windstorm.  And then, when I tried to shift my position in the bed, I discovered my body hopelessly knotted into what seemed the aftermath of an explosion of blankets, sheets, and pillows.
I often wake from dreams of violence and find myself snarled into my bedding.
Sometimes, it appears as if I have traveled complete circles around my bed while plowing up the sheets and blankets with my feet along the way.
“Rest” seems an inappropriate term for my sleeping.
—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. My sleep has been wonky the few nights, I am blaming the weather. I have a too-big bed for my current life situation but I have discovered I can create a king sized bed making fiasco before dawn if left to my own devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe we have the exact same problem. If, say, my cat was sleeping in the bed, I would behave. But when alone, I am tangling with branches in a windstorm!

    ReplyDelete