Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

At the Gate


I did something shockingly stupid.
For all you ‘masters of the pun’ already imagining an electrical accident…  Nope.  Not even close.
While driving in the high mountains yesterday, my buddy and I encountered a barb wire gate that needed to be opened so we could continue our descent down a meandering mountain road.  As the passenger in our rig, I hopped out and opened the gate.  As soon as the truck drove through, I closed the gate.
That’s where the stupid comes into play.
I actually closed the gate while standing on the wrong side of the fence (the side from which we approached it).  Rather than opening and closing the gate again after walking through, I climbed over the fence to join the journey once more.
“I was going to ask you about the way you were closing the gate,” my buddy said as I approached the truck again.  “But I was thinking you had a reason.”
“Nope.  No reason.  Just stupid.  You’re welcome to share with others.  I deserve it.”
We drove on.
Even given my off-moment at the fence, I had a great day.  Posted are four photographs I captured with my smarter-than-me-phone.

One of Several Hexagon-Shaped Rocks We Found

False Solomon’s Seal

Water in a Leaf Catchment

Paintbrush and Arnica
Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment