Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, September 13, 2021

Fall Colors

I was surprised, while traipsing about in the mountains near my cabin, how quickly some of the trees and understory are blushing with fall colors.

Obviously, Montana is never fully awash with colors as is the Northeast of the United States.  But here you may find river bottoms and mountain places and intense swatches of color that provide for lovely displays.

The scale is different, but the colors are the same.

Fall is absolutely in the air at my cabin.  Yesterday morning, I found frost on my truck.  Another sign is the emergence of shaggy mane mushrooms (they are edible).

Posted today are images of early colors presenting immediately behind my cabin and a shaggy mane just outside the door.



Colors Crossing











Blushing Understory



Shaggy Mane Mushroom

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment