Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, June 27, 2022

The Lakeshore

If I could uninvent only one thing, I would choose wakeboats.  These craft, and the monster waves they purposely generate, chew-up the lakeshore and wreak havoc on boats moored to docks. 

On Saturday, I dropped my pontoon boat into the lake for a bit of cruising around.  I left the boat in overnight and secured it to my dock at all four corners.  Yesterday for the first time of the year, the lake filled with wakeboarders and a roving crosshatch of huge waves.

By midday, battering waves had snapped one of the ropes securing my boat and allowed the boat to repeatedly slam against my dock.  Before we could pull my boat from the water, Desiree and I were forced to dig something of a ramp into a steep ledge carved (by the repeated assault of waves) into a thick mat of grass and roots growing across my boat ramp.

Normally, I don’t put my boat on the weekends due to the annoying swarm of wakeboarders and wakeboats.

Lesson relearned.



Desiree at Work



Desiree After Pulling the Boat from the Water

Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so awful. And they don't care most of them. But wow what gorgeous pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mat of grass and roots was surprisingly difficult to dig through!

      Delete